Cyan Tec Systems, a market leader, manufactures technically advanced laser, inkjet and automation systems, operating in high tech, blue chip environments, enabling customers to improve production efficiency and drive product innovation.
Cyan Tec promotes corporate dependability, engineering excellence and technical innovation to achieve continuous improvement and business excellence.
Cyan Tec values high levels of skills and knowledge within the company, promoting constructive teamwork & effective problem solving to advance a ‘can do’ working environment ensuring optimal business performance.
Cyan Tec are currently recruiting for a number of positions within the business, see below for more information.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Graduate or time served engineer
- Produce mechanical designs for advanced special purpose equipment using 3D CAD (ideally SolidWorks)
- Engineer functional, quality, on-budget technical solutions
- Prepare BOMs, specify component requirements and communicate with suppliers
- Work with customers to achieve project requirements
- Manage projects in conjunction with operations manager and other system specialists to deliver optimal, on-time solutions
- Offer technical support to technicians during system build, on and offsite
- Respond to management direction, maintain safety, compliance and quality standards and contribute to business effectiveness
- A high level of technical engineering capability
- PC literate (Microsoft Project, Word and Excel etc.)
- Ability to work independently, with a positive ‘can do’, ‘hands on’ approach
- Project management and an appreciation of electrical controls an advantage
- Willingness to travel
We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic sales engineer, qualified to degree level or equivalent in engineering to join our technically experienced and capable sales team. Principally this role involves working, as a member of the sales team, across the full cycle of sales activities from enquiry to order placement with the objective to maximise sales opportunities and contribute to ongoing business growth.
- Develop detailed written proposals and sales quotations for complex engineering systems
- Follow-up and actively progress sales quotations to sales orders
- Attend pre-sales meetings to ensure customer requirements, concept ideas and estimated costs are accurately formulated
- Travel to customer sites in UK and occasionally overseas
- Participate in the completion of detailed public portal tenders
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain quotations to inform the sales process
- Network and develop relationships with customers from diverse, high end industrial sectors
- Deliver quality orientated, customer-focussed technical sales activities
- Liaise with engineers delivering profitable systems to customer satisfaction
- Participate in marketing initiatives, events and sales presentations
- Contribute to department initiatives to build sales opportunities
- Ideally knowledge of complex machinery, robotic or automation products with previous successful sales experience
- Enthusiastic, confident, highly motivated and looking to proactively develop this role and career in a supportive team environment
- IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience of 3D CAD to aid visualisation in technical quotations an advantage
The role involves administration, order processing and data entry, to contribute to efficient and effective accounts functions. (Training available, if required)
- Enter purchase orders to support effective procurement
- Reconcile goods receipt notes to aid accounts functions
- Collate labour timesheets to contribute to accurate production costings
- Enter sales orders and order acknowledgements
- Administration for dispatch/export and inbound deliveries/import
- Contribute to credit control tasks to assist with payment processing
- Provide reception services, answer the telephone, forward calls and welcome visitors
- Utilise the integrated operating system SAP Business One (training available)
- Provide other administration tasks across the company, as required
- Experience of office environment with high levels of attention to detail
- PC literate (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook etc.)
- Effective communication skills (spoken and written)
- Flexible, customer and quality focused
Full time, permanent
23 days holiday + 8 public.
Please send an up-to-date C.V. via email or post to either of the following:
Post: Personnel Office, Cyan Tec Systems Limited, 1 Red Rood Way, Birstall, Leicester, LE4 3EJ.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
The company is committed to equality of opportunity.